The Impact and Outlook of the Coronavirus Crisis on Water and Food Security in the Arab Region
The Middle East Water Forum invites you to join their webinar:
All Arab countries have been impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. For most of these countries that were already facing water security and major social, health and economic challenges before COVID-19, this additional pressure is particularly excruciating.
As a result of the current coronavirus pandemic and the necessity to better understand, monitor and respond to the situation, the Middle East Water Forum MEWF will host a panel to share insights on the current impact and outlook for water and food security in the Arab region. The webinar will take place on Tuesday 16th June 2020, 18.00-19:30 CEST.
Panel discussion chaired by Prof. Jamal Saghir, ISID- McGill University, Distinguished Fellow, IFI- American University of Beirut, Advisory board member of MEW
- Ms. Carol Chouchani Cherfane, Chief Water Resources Section, Climate Change and Natural Resource Sustainability Cluster, United Nations Economic & Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA).
- H.E. Dr. Hazim Elnaser, Chair of Middle East Water Forum and Former minister of water resources in Jordan, Former Member of the Jordan’s House of Representatives (The Parliament).
- Ms. Charafat Afailal, Former Minister in charge of water in the Government of Morocco and Expert on water and climate, Advisory Board Member of MEWF.
- Dr. Anders Jagerskog, Senior Water Resources Management Specialist, the World Bank Water Global Practice.
- Eng. PMP Hassan Aboelnga, Vice Chair of Middle East Water Forum, Water Security Task Force Member at IWRA. PhD researcher at University of Kassel and Technical University of Cologne.
Please register at:
For more details, please visit https://mewf.de