Special features of industrial water management
- Each type of (waste) water is different in terms of quantity and composition or required quality.
- Customers need tailored, decentralized solutions.
- Every industry has its own requirements.
- Water, recyclables in wastewater and energy should be reused at best.
- Processing methods must fit into the production process.
- There are high demands on experience, quality, reliable operation and services.
Core topics of industrial water management
- Resource- and energy-efficient water, wastewater and partial flow treatment – Sustainable concepts and technologies
- Water and recyclable materials recycling
- Energy from (waste) water
- Optimization of resource consumption and lifecycle costs
- Automation & Digitization – New Products & Services
- Standardization & Modularization – Use savings and improvement potential
- Contaminant removal
- Sludge and residue treatment.
Objectives of the working group
The members of GWP come from all areas of water management and have a high level of competence. The objectives of this working group are to bundle and coordinate common topics and interests of the members with a focus on industrial customers. The goals at a glance:
- Networking between the GWP network and politics and authorities at an international level
- Support of member companies in terms of market access: international industry associations, general contractors, global players/industrial groups
- Participation in events, trade fairs and delegation trips in order to focus about industrial water management
- Taking up F & E topics such as Zero Liquid Discharge and Industry 4.0 or innovation programmes
The working group interacts with the GWP → regional sections as well as the other GWP → working groups, which come into contact with the topic of industrial water management within the framework of the body.