[Project completed] Chamber and association partnership project with the Arab Countries Water Utilities Association
On behalf of Sequa gGmbH GWP conducted a chamber and association partnership project (KVP) with the Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA), financed by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in the past years. The ACWUA is an association of Arab water management, which was founded in 2009. It unites 117 members from 18 Arab countries. The most important members are water utility companies, ministries and authorities, non-governmental organizations, individuals and private companies.
The project ran from December 2016 to August 2020. Due to the worldwide pandemic no international aktivities were carried out in the last 6 months. The project was implemented by a GWP project team in the ACWUA office in Amman, supported by technical management in Berlin.
The project aimed at supporting ACWUA in its association work and thus to promote effectively the exchange of know-how and information on water-related topics as well as its transfer in the region.
- Stronger involvement of ACWUA members in the association’s work through workshops and bilateral meetings in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Tunisia and establishment of local focal points
- Exchange between the members of ACWUA and GWP as well as the members within ACWUA was strengthened, for example through exchange at conferences and the use of members as experts for training in other member companies
- ACWUA has diversified its range of services. The services ranged from the organization of seminars and conferences to technical working groups and the preparation of studies
- According to the 2019 member survey almost 90% were very satisfied or satisfied with their ACWUA membership
We would like to take this opportunity to especially thank our long-term expert Dr. Azmi Ghneim and his project assistant Nadeen Saraygi for their tireless efforts on the ground.
- 20 trainings for ACWUA office staff and ACWUA members with the involvement of GWP members
- 5 conference and trade fair participations
- translation of 3 training modules into Arabic
- programming of an app for the Arab Water Week