Chamber and association partnership project with the Arab Countries Water Utilities Association
On behalf of Sequa gGmbH GWP conducts a chamber and association partnership project (KVP) with the Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA), financed by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The ACWUA is an association of Arab water management, which was founded in 2009. It unites 117 members from 18 Arab countries. The most important members are water utility companies, ministries and authorities, non-governmental organizations, individuals and private companies. The ACWUA office is in Amman, Jordan.
The first phase of the project is running from December 2016 to November 2019. The project is implemented by a GWP project team in the ACWUA office in Amman, supported by technical management in Berlin.
The project aims at supporting ACWUA in its association work and thus to promote effectively the exchange of know-how and information on water-related topics as well as its transfer in the region.
Extract from the project activities 2018
- Development of the annual business plans for the individual departments of ACWUA and preparation of a sustainable financing concept for ACWUA
- Training on water loss reduction for technicians of the Jordanian water utility companies
- Expert exchange about energy efficiency in the MENA region with ACWUA members and German companies from the water sector during the world’s leading trade fair for environmental technologies (IFAT) in May 2018.
- Development of an app for Arab Water Week 2019 to clearly present the program of the fair, the presentation of the exhibitors and ACWUA members and relevant contact information and to ensure easy access for the visitors
- Participation of ACWUA at the Water, Energy, Technology and Environment Exhibition (WETEX) in Dubai to promote ACWUA and to acquire new members
- The ACUWA Secretariat has improved its overall management and has a sustainable financing concept.
- ACWUA offers a sustainable range of services for its member groups.
- ACWUA has a sustainable, efficient regional structure and has expanded its international cooperation.