Business Initiation Trip to South Africa
General information about the event
From 04.03.2024 to 08.03.2024 the Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in cooperation with the machinery and equipment manufacturing industry in Germany (VDMA) and German Water Partnership e. V., on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection (BMWK), will conduct a business initiation trip to South Africa. This is a project-related funding measure. It is part of the Export Initiative for Environmental Protection and is carried out within the framework of the Market Development Program for SMEs. The target group is primarily small and medium-sized German enterprises (SMEs).
Participants in the program have the opportunity to explore the market for the food, pulp & paper industries in South Africa efficiently and cost-effectively with the professional support of the cooperation partners in the project and to establish or intensify contacts with potential business partners and decision-makers.
A maximum of 12 companies can participate in the Business Initiation Trip to South Africa. The business initiation within the framework of the Market Development Program (MEP) is aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), self-employed persons in the commercial sector, as well as specialized liberal professions and business-related service providers with business operations in Germany (companies) with a corresponding industry focus and range of services.
The own contribution of the enterprises for the participation in the project amounts to (depending upon the size of the enterprise):
- 500 EUR (net) for participants with less than 2 million EUR annual sales and less than 10 employees
- 750 EUR (net) for participants with less than 50 million EUR annual sales and less than 500 employees
- 1,000 EUR (net) for participants with annual sales of more than 50 million EUR or more than 500 employees
Advantages for your company
You will receive a comprehensive target market analysis, which will provide you with the following information:
- Industry-specific information on
- Market potential and future market developments
- Political and legal framework conditions
- Technical and logistical requirements
- Entry and sales information
- Financing opportunities and overview of relevant market players
- You will have the opportunity to present your company at a conference in front of a professional audience and to establish relevant contacts or intensify your network in South Africa
If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Did the business initiation spark your interest? Further events within the scope of the market development program can be found here.