Bridging the Gap – Successful Tenders and Procurement (STEP)
Business Opportunities and sustainable development: each year development banks finance projects worldwide for billions of dollars. How do companies do business with international development banks? How are tenders planned and what is important when bidding? The second phase of the project, “Bridging the Gap – Successful Tenders and Procurement (STEP)” initiated and implemented by the Agency for Economic Cooperation and Development (AWE) of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), in cooperation with Development Finance International (DFI) and German Water Partnership is answering these questions once again, by bringing together the providers of innovative German products and services with International Finance Institutions (IFIs). This targeted exchange between financial institutions and companies is intended to develop cooperation, promote development and enable new opportunities for market entry.
The training is set to take place on April 5th and April 6th.
This year’s target countries are Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire; applications are accepted for either or both countries. This year´s program is concentrating on the sectors agriculture & food, water & sanitation as well as waste & recycling management.
What to expect from STEP:
- Two-day intensive training with international experts
- Detailed information on upcoming business opportunities through tendered projects
for your sector
- Small discussion groups with IFI officers and their government counterparts
- Direct access to important stakeholders such as EU, DEG, GIZ
- Leads and coaching on tendering
- Free of charge program with a focus on small and medium sized companies
Application deadline is February 15th, 2022. More information and the application form can be found here.